Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Subtle Mind Exercise

This exercise is a lot better then the one last week. Or at least the exercise on the CD is a lot better. I have been practicing yoga for some time and feel that this exercise reflects a lot of what one initially learns in yoga. Learning how to pay attention to your breath is quite an interesting practice. We take our breath for granted. I find that when forced to pay attention to it, the result is that I feel relaxed. Just the routine of the in an out, putting the full attention of the mind on something that we normally pay no attention to is a way to realize how valuable our breaths are.

I regards to my spiritual wellness as related to my mental and physical wellness, I truly feel I am ahead of the curve. My parents instilled in me the idea of listening to your body for answers, being content with my best and that honesty with others and oneself is all that matters. I think if one is able to honestly say that they follow these ideas and participate in them, they will find a connection very easily between mind, body and spirituality.

2 comments:

  1. I really liked your post because i can relate.. i feel al lot of these exercises coorlate with Yoga. I do yoga every morning and every night. Its just a total relaxation and i love it.

    I feel that these breathign exercises really help me get my breathing down before i do Yoga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brittany,

    I agree with you that I enjoued listening to this CD better. When I did yoga I really enjoyed it. I have not did yoga in a yr and I really miss it. I think I am going to enroll in another class because I think it is so helpful. I need different relaxation techniques to relieve some of the stress related to everyday life.

    ReplyDelete