Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Unit 7

My mind is always full of thoughts. I have been trying to use some of the techniques that we learned in this class in my daily life, every night when trying to fall asleep I concentrate on my breath and really try to push the thoughts out of my mind.

Unfortunately, I think I am using these techniques when I am already so far stressed out that they are not helping and I can not push the thoughts out of my mind.

I think that this CD is silly. The man really takes away from the exercise. By the time the lady starts talking I have already lost focus. A more relaxing calmer voice is needed for the exercise.

I agree that as health and wellness professionals we have to embrace the ideas and concepts of wellness and health. To me this means keeping current on concepts and ideas within the practice.

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I am right there with you when it comes to my mind always on over load. These exericises are kind of silly but I believe they help. The idea is to just relax... not easy! keep it up and hopefully you start to feel less anxioty with your daily routines :)

    ReplyDelete