Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Unit 8

The practices that I think I would be able to work into my life are loving kindness and meditation.

At work when I am having a stressful day, or when people are making me mad I have been trying to take a step back and practice loving kindness. I close my eyes and think about what I love and what makes me happy. It works for a little while, sometimes. Other times I am beyond the point of help and can not take my mind off the negative.

Other practices like meditation and yoga are positive ways to help the mind and body, which is something I definitely need to do. I definately see the value in these exercises and aim to work meditation into my life. I doubt I will ever find my way unity consciousness or even to the subtle mind step, but I guess trying to get there is more then half the battle.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Brittany,
    Yes, trying to get there is more than half the battle. At the beginning of this course it was mentioned that even if we don't believe in these practices or don't believe we can do them, just keep coming back to them. If you are able to come back time and again and commit, you will begin to see that you are able to step back and practice loving kindness because you are aware of when you are coming to a bad place before it it too late.
    Good luck to you on this journey!
    --Catie

    ReplyDelete